Thursday, June 14, 2012

Da Nang and China Beach

I never thought that Vietnam would be so beautiful.

We took a morning excursion to see some of the area.  Our first stop was the Cham Museum which houses ancient sculpture and artifacts.

My friend Ganesh, the remover of obstacles, was well represented.



As was Lord Shiva.



We then headed into the city center, where we had time to visit the Han Marketplace.



The selections were overwhelming!



That's a LOT of mangos she has!



Next, we visited the famous Vietnamese embroidery house, XQ Workshop.



If you know me, you know I am passionate about my needlesports.  The work these talented artisans stitch is utterly amazing.



I could have watched them all day.



But we were onto our next stop...Marble Mountain.



Lots of inspiration for carving here!



When attempting to leave the marble factory, our bus broke down, and we had to wait a bit for one of the other buses to come fetch us.   We were really happy to arrive to THIS



when we arrived at  China Beach.



I HAD to stick my toes in the South China Sea.



Do you blame me??









No comments: